Saturday 11 August 2012

Glossybox, June 2012

Sorry this post is a little late, but I really wanted to use the products properly before giving a review.

So this is my second ever Glossybox and to be completely honest I was a little disappointed when it first arrived. It wasn't until I tested some the products that I discovered I actually really liked it.


At first glance I though the box looked quite empty (partly because the products where a smaller size, and partly because the last box contained extra goodies), and none of the products really jumped out at me...until I tested them. The more I use some of these products, the more I love them.


YVES Rocher Ultra Volume Sexy Pulp Mascara: I've heard good things about YVES mascaras, so I was excited to try this one. I was a little daunted by the size of the brush and at first it took a while to get those pesky lashes in the corner. However I really like how my lashes look after application. Lots of volume and length, and no clumping. I am very tempted to purchase this product once the tester has run out.

Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream Sick: This was another product I was unsure of at first glance. I normally use liquid concealers and foundations, so being a stick concealer, this was different for me.

I really liked that they sent you the different skin shades, so you can use that one that best matches your tone. The consistency was very creamy, long lasting and truly covers up blemishes. This product was the one that surprised me the most, and I really enjoy it. Unfortunately, my student budget won't cover the hefty price tag but I shall scrape my tester pot dry! 

Glossybox Serie Exclusive Pro Beauty Brush: My least favorite item, and most disappointing item. When I first saw it I thought; "yay, another make up brush" (because lets be honest, you can never have too many), but the brush itself isn't all that soft. I have £1.50 brushes from Elf that are softer, and couldn't believe the RRP was £15. Sorry Glossybox, but I just don't this the brush is worth the price. However, I do like that its personalized with their name, and like I said, you can never have too many make-up brushes, so I'll find a use for it. Maybe I'll use it as a travel brush.

Agent Provocateur Perfume: I am terrible at describing scents, so I'll leave it to Glossybox; "A new collection of the three new feminine, sensual and tantalizing day fragrances". I tend to stick with the perfumes I know and love (CK Eternity and Gucci Rush), and the Agent Provocateur perfumes smell quite nice but I probably wont purchase the full size of these. However they are good for travelling or popping in your handbag.

BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer: Sadly this bronzer is just too dark for me. However, I may try it again once I've been to Malta and built up a tan.

So overall not an amazing box, but a few products that I really liked. Plus I really love the excitement of receiving a box and can't wait for the next one.

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment