Wednesday 19 February 2014

I'm back!

Wow, well that was a long break!

It's been nearly a month since I last blogged, which is by far the longest break I've taken from blogging by a long long way. But it was a much needed break. And it wasn't that I stopped enjoying blogging (because I seriously love it) but life just got in the way, and by life, I mean university work. I didn't have time to create posts that were to a standard I was happy with. I didn't want to write just any old thing. I love my blog, and I love the content. Heck, I haven't had a proper chance to sit down and read any blogs recently.

Writing my dissertation has made me realise one very important thing. I suck at writing (ironic seeing as I love reading books so much). Clearly I do a maths degree for a reason, because I struggle to string a sentence together when typing. It's takes me a long time to create work that I'm happy with, and I think that writing my dissertation is draining me, and so coming home after the library and writing a blog post felt like a chore.

But I've decided to go easy on myself. To remember why I love blogging. This blog is a representation of me, warts and all! So I apologise now, if my posts aren't as good as Shakespeare's work, but I hope that they are still interesting.

I'm going to try and get back into my 'one blog post a week schedule', hopefully more if I can manage it.

One post I've been trying to write is about all the books I loved reading in 2013, but oh lord! Writing book reviews are hard. If a friend asks me to recommend a good book to them, I can go on for hours about how good a book is, but ask me to write it down...different story.

So my plan is to write smaller posts focussing on one book at a time, little book recommendations rather than reviews.

Hopefully ideas like this will mean that I can get over this wall that I've hit and get back into the brilliant and beautiful world of blogging.

Georgia x

Follow me on Bloglovin by clicking here

1 comment:

  1. Writing just for the sake of writing is never a good idea but it sounds like the blogging is back on track, looking forward to reading more posts!

    xx

    ReplyDelete