Saturday 26 May 2012

Shabby Chic Birthdays

Last week it was my sister's 18th birthday (can't tell you how old that makes me feel) but, due to dreaded exams, we only got round to celebrating it as a family last night.

We went out for a meal at a restaurant called Hawksmoore in Spitalfields, London, and had the most amazing steaks and cocktails there. Very pricey but I would recommend it to anyone. The waiter was exceptionally helpful, explaining the different cuts of meat/sauces/sides/cocktails, and the service was efficient but laidback.

However, one of the biggest surprises of the nights came from the pub we popped into beforehand. It was opposite the restaurant and called The Commercial Tavern. It was decorated in a 'shabby chic' style, a complete contrast from my usual student pubs, and had a lovely atmosphere. I had such fun looking at all the different patterns and decorations. You couldn't go five minutes without spotting another unusual furnishing. 






Overall, I had a really lovely evening and was a perfect way to end my exams. My sister had a good birthday and some beautiful presents. Now I can't wait for summer, and can finally enjoy this sun!

My sister (right) and me


P.s. I received my first ever Glossybox a couple of days ago, so expect a review post soon. Spoiler: I loved it!

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment