Monday 3 June 2013

Wanderlust TAG

As my regular readers know, I am currently living in Malta. I have been here since September. But I was no newbie to travelling before I came out here, and I would love to go exploring again. So when I saw Estée from Essiebutton had done a tag about travelling I was so excited to watch it.

I know she didn't tag me, but I thought the questions were really good so I thought, why not!




Wanderlust Tag:

1. Your most treasured passport stamp?
My most treasured passport stamp is either my Cambodia visa because it is so pretty and I learnt so much in that country, or the stamp I got when I flew into Malta, as it will always remind me of this amazing year

Plus, they weren't really supposed to give stamps out, but I fluttered my eyelashes at the passport inspector and he let me in his little glass 'office' so I could stamp my own passport. How cool is that :)

2. Can you recite your passport number from memory if asked?
No, no chance. 

3. Preferred method of travel; planes, trains or automobiles?
Depends where I am. If it's a long distance then definitely planes. I know some people don't like planes but personally I haven't got a problem with them. I have flown on my own a number of times and don't really mind them in terms of public transport. As a side note, I once flew from Surrey to Leeds by plane, so maybe it doesn't have to even be long distance


4. Top 3 travel items?
Guide book, camera and journal

5. Hostel or hotel?
Either. Sometimes it's nice to have a little luxury in a hotel, but sometimes it's fun to slum it with some friends. One of my favourite places I've ever stayed was in a tent in Africa in someones back garden. So many great memories.

6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
New places. There are some places I would like to return to, but I'm always on the look out for somewhere new to go

7. Do you read up on your destination (culture,history,safety) or do you wing it?
I always read up about an area. Before and during the trip

8. Favourite travel website?
I mainly rely on guidebooks, and travel blogs. Trip adviser is also good for reviews. 


Kuang Si Falls, Laos

9. Where would you recommend a friend to visit?
Luang Prabang in Laos. Not many people have visited this country but it was such an incredible place. I got to swim with elephants, visit a picturesque waterfall, experience the giving of alms (where the monks walk through the streets early morning collecting donations of rice), eat meals with a river view to rival almost anything, and visit majestic temples. 

10, You're leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where are you going?
Either South America, including Brazil, Peru, Chile and Columbia

or

A road trip across America

So those are my answers. If anyone else fancies doing this tag, feel free. I'm especially interested to see what places you recommend people to visit.  

Georgia x

Google reader is leaving, so follow me on Bloglovin to keep up to date with my posts
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you've been to a fair few places, you lucky girl :D
    I'd love to do this tag but it'd read like an English persons guide to common Spanish resorts... :p
    (not that I'm complaining! Can't wait to go next month haha)

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've never been to Spain, so you'd have at least one intrigued reader! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Laos looks amazing! What a beautiful place, it sounds perfect too. You've been to so many places - I'm jealous! xx

    ReplyDelete